cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Indu_Sr
Level 3

Package for Vista?

Iam working on InstallScriptMSI project. Even if I choose Require Admin Privelages to "No" in summary information and build the exe I do not have any component/feature or setup.rul file. When I try to install this exe on a Vista, it still prompts for Admin logon. That is the exe runs only in Admin privelage mode.
I even tried removing all the components from the exe but still the exe does not install successfully on a normal user in Vista. It requires Administrator only account to install.
so my question is it that we cannot create a InstallScript MSI project that could be installed by user with minimal privelages or is it that Vista allows installations to be deployed by Admin only?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

Which option is selected in the Releases view for the Required Execution Level setting on the Setup.exe tab? It sounds like maybe you have that set to Administrator, since your installation is displaying the UAC prompt for credentials or consent on Windows Vista. You may want to try setting that to Invoker.

The Minimizing the Number of User Account Control Prompts During Installation help topic explains various InstallShield settings that may have an effect on UAC prompts.

I hope that helps.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos