cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bogusman
Level 3

PRQ for .Net 4.7.1 on different versions of Win 10

MS describes two different values for the Release key of .Net 4.7.1 depending on the OS versions on which it is being installed, 461308 for .NET Framework 4.7.1 installed on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and 461310 for other OS versions. They say that:

You should check for a value greater than or equal to the release keyword value when attempting to detect whether a specific version is present.

I do not find the capability to specify >= in the PRQ editor. Can someone please provide guidance?

Thanks!

Bo
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
FWedel
Level 2

I am facing the same issue. Is there a PRQ file available for .NET 4.7.1?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi bogusman,

You can make InstallShield's pre-requisite editor detect existence of .Net 4.7.1 by adding registry-key-value condition as attached in snapshot.
As per Microsoft's deployment guide:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/deployment/deployment-guide-for-developers ,
"You can test whether the .NET Framework 4.5 or later is installed by checking the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full folder in the registry for a DWORD value named Release".Based on your windows 10 build,you can select release value as,
.NET Framework 4.7.1 installed on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 461308
.NET Framework 4.7.1 installed on all OS versions other than Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 461310

Hi PMFWedel,

If you have InstallShield 2018 installed,you would be able to see update message saying "New pre-requisites available which includes .Net 4.7.1 prq too".Try downloading it ,you'll get that.

Hope it helps
Thanks,
Jenifer

0 Kudos
Spartacus612
Level 2

Jenifer wrote:
Hi bogusman,

You can make InstallShield's pre-requisite editor detect existence of .Net 4.7.1 by adding registry-key-value condition as attached in snapshot.
As per Microsoft's deployment guide:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/deployment/deployment-guide-for-developers ,
"You can test whether the .NET Framework 4.5 or later is installed by checking the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full folder in the registry for a DWORD value named Release".Based on your windows 10 build,you can select release value as,
.NET Framework 4.7.1 installed on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 461308
.NET Framework 4.7.1 installed on all OS versions other than Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 461310
mcdvoice survey

Hi PMFWedel,

If you have InstallShield 2018 installed,you would be able to see update message saying "New pre-requisites available which includes .Net 4.7.1 prq too".Try downloading it ,you'll get that.

Hope it helps
Thanks,
Jenifer

I have the exact same problem. Anyone got a suggestion?
0 Kudos
Lubomir753
Level 2

McDVOICE
Spartacus612 wrote:
I have the exact same problem. Anyone got a suggestion?

Did you get any Update?
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Lubomir753 wrote:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/deployment/deployment-guide-for-developers
which in turn tells that we can mention lower release value -461308 for registry key value.I am attaching working prq file which i could see working with both the updates.

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer
0 Kudos
hi5blast1
Level 2

Jenifer wrote:
Hi,

I could see "You should check for a value greater than or equal to the release keyword value when attempting to detect whether a specific version is present." from microsoft link:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/deployment/deployment-guide-for-developers
which in turn tells that we can mention lower release value -461308 for registry key value.I am attaching working prq file which i could see working with both the updates.

Hope it helps,
Thanks,
Jenifer

AT&T
I am facing the same issue. Is there a PRQ file available for .NET 4.7.1?

Thank you!
0 Kudos
panoramachrter
Level 2

i was facing the same problem. Thanks For This Question. I have got answers through Comments. Thanks again.Panorama Charter

0 Kudos
mcdvoice12
Level 2

Thanks for sharing this infrmation.

MCD

0 Kudos
mcdvoice12
Level 2

Thanks for sharing this information.

MCD

0 Kudos
EoinMorgan