cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

OnFirstUIAfter Program Launch Triggers ActiveX component can't create object (429)

At the end of the installation process (OnFirstUIAfter), I display a form (SdFinish) with a checkbox to let the new user launch the program.

In certain environments, when they do that, it launches our program but it fails with this error: ActiveX component can't create object (429). Apparently, an ActiveX or DLL isn't installed.

However, after closing the setup program, if they run the program from a Windows shortcut or the EXE directly from Windows Explorer, it always works. And the problem never occurs again. It also works if the option to run it in the setup program is skipped.

It seems an ActiveX control isn't fully installed when I display the SdFinish. Waiting a long time before trying to launch the program doesn't make a difference.

1. Any idea how to avoid this?

2. Is displaying SdFinish in the OnFirstUIAfter event correct, or should it be in another event?

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
RonnySharma
Level 2

Have you been able to work it out? I've been encountering a similar problem with ActiveX lately.

Ronny
Showbox Mobdro Tutuapp
0 Kudos
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

No. Never worked it out. We've still seen this problem in testing which has limited our ability to launch the program from the setup program.

The program always runs fine when run after the setup exits, but something's incomplete when the launch feature is run.
0 Kudos
johns111
Level 2

Toward the finish of the establishment procedure (OnFirstUIAfter), I show a frame (SdFinish) with a checkbox to give the new client a chance to dispatch the program.

In specific situations, when they do that, it dispatches our program yet it falls flat with this mistake: ActiveX segment can't make question (429). Evidently, an ActiveX or DLL isn't introduced.

Notwithstanding, in the wake of shutting the setup program, on the off chance that they run the program from a Windows alternate way or the EXE specifically from Windows Explorer, it generally works. What's more, the issue never happens again. It additionally works if the choice to run it in the setup program is skipped. :):rolleyes:

Thanks.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
cute cut for Mac | Teatv for windows 10.
0 Kudos
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

Yup. That seems to be identical to the experience I originally described. Something's not registered properly when that dialog is shown and the program launched. Not sure if it's a setting I have wrong or something buggy in InstallShield.
0 Kudos
andru96
Level 2

At the complete of the foundation technique (OnFirstUIAfter), I demonstrate a casing (SdFinish) with a checkbox to allow the new customer to dispatch the program.

In particular circumstances, when they do that, it dispatches our program yet it crashes and burns with this misstep: ActiveX portion can't make question (429). Clearly, an ActiveX or DLL isn't presented.

In any case, in the wake of closing the setup program, in case they run the program from a Windows substitute way or the EXE particularly from Windows Explorer, it for the most part works. Additionally, the issue never happens again. It furthermore works if the decision to run it in the setup program is skipped. :o:confused:

Regards,
---------------------------------------------

Download showbox apk for Macbook.

Download showbox apk for winodws 10.
0 Kudos
DataAnalyzer
Level 8

Yes, that's the same experience we have. We have not figured out how to avoid it.

Our only solution is to not launch the program after installation which is obviously very inconvenient.

I wonder how others get around this or if there's something we're doing wrong with our configuration to not have everything installed at that point.
0 Kudos
broadjos
Level 2

andru96 wrote:
At the complete of the foundation technique (OnFirstUIAfter), I demonstrate a casing (SdFinish) with a checkbox to allow the new customer to dispatch the program.

In particular circumstances, when they do that, it dispatches our program yet it crashes and burns with this misstep: ActiveX portion can't make question (429). Clearly, an ActiveX or DLL isn't presented.

In any case, in the wake of closing the setup program, in case they run the program from a Windows substitute way or the EXE particularly from Windows Explorer, it for the most part works. Additionally, the issue never happens again. It furthermore works if the decision to run it in the setup program is skipped. :o:confused:

Regards,
---------------------------------------------
redbox tv for pc download 2019

Download showbox apk for Macbook.

Download showbox apk for winodws 10.

Thanks for the updates.
0 Kudos