cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wieland_feierab
Level 3

Offline activation failure

Hi,
I am trying to install InstallShield 2015 Limited Edition to go with Visual Studio 2013 Professional. I am attempting offline activation using the serial number emailed to me, but the activation.xml file that is returned always says "DENIED" and "That activation request yields no right to a license." What do I need to do to make this activation work? Thanks!

Will
0 Kudos
(10) Replies
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

For a quick resolution, you can register once again to gain a new/different serial number and then attempt to use the new one that gets provided.

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

0 Kudos
wieland_feierab
Level 3

jkell wrote:
For a quick resolution, you can register once again to gain a new/different serial number and then attempt to use the new one that gets provided.

http://learn.flexerasoftware.com/content/IS-EVAL-InstallShield-Limited-Edition-Visual-Studio

Thanks jkell! I just tried that and still got the same issue with a different serial key. Even tried uninstalling InstallShield from my computer and installing it from scratch, and running it from both VS 2010 and VS2013. Still no luck.
0 Kudos
Galym_Ibrayev
Level 2

I could not register the product offline.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

It looks like there was an issue with offline activations and it has been resolved and a new installer has been released.

Please re-download the installer and install once again and you should not run into this issue going forward.
0 Kudos
wieland_feierab
Level 3

Yes downloading and reinstalling the software now resolves the issue. It now uses an email validation rather than web. Thank you for your help!
0 Kudos
steven_wadswort
Level 3

Doesn't work for me, I still get Error 0 when I load the license response.
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

After investigating the issue where serial numbers were unable to activate, we have resolved the issue. You should be able to activate your license at this time. Please try once again and let us know if you continue to experience any issues.

Thanks
0 Kudos
steven_wadswort
Level 3

Still got exactly the same issue, nothing has changed. I still get Error 0. You say you have fixed the issue, but in what ? It's offline so if you have changed something I need to download it again.
0 Kudos
doepp
Level 2

I also get the same errors. And I don't have a chance to activate it online (but my PC is online)
0 Kudos
JohnTech
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

There was a recent outtage for the license server, which has been resolved.
You should be able to activate at this time and if you continue to experience issues you can re-register at the link below and get a freshly generated activation code.

0 Kudos