cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesA
Level 2

Offline Activation Fails

I’m trying to activate my InstallShield 2010 software offline. (The PC I use InstallShield on has no internet connection.) I’ve read through the process, started up IS2010, got my license request, sent it to offline activations via e-mail, and received a license response. I’ve restarted IS2010, looking for a Response text box (or a Load icon), but I never see it. Attached are the dialogs I see, in order.

I expected to see dialog with a Response Text box immediately after the dialog with the Request text box. Even though the last dialog indicates that Activation is Complete, I cannot start IS2010. Instead, this set of six dialogs is restarted.

Thanks,

P.S. Running TSConfig.exe from C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\System starts the process at the second dialog.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Please try merging the attached reg file. Then re-run isdev.exe.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
JamesA
Level 2

InstallShield 2010 is up and running now.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
carpas
Level 2

Hi Mike,

Your reg file worked as far as that the response text box appeared and I was able to post the response e-mailed to me by Flexera: I got a message saying that activation was successful, but I still can't execute Installshield: it keeps asking for reactivation.

My computer is connected to the Internet, but online activation always fails with error code 50040.

What else can I try?

Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Mike_Marino
Level 6 Flexeran
Level 6 Flexeran

Our activation server experienced an outage. It should be working now.
0 Kudos