cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vadr335
Level 3

Odd Pinned Icon in Start Menu

Jump to solution

In Windows 10 if I pin Installshield 2023 shortcut to Start Menu, the icon in the tile in the start menu is unlike all others, it's much larger. I wonder what gives.

1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
shunt
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Images for medium sized tiles can be configured in Installshields "Tile Configuration" settings.

You can read more about these settings in the link below:
https://docs.revenera.com/installshield/helplibrary/IHelpTileConfigProperties.htm?Highlight=medium%20tile%20image

I have a number of different applications from different companies in my start menu that also use an image that fully covers the tile - it is design choice by the developers of the software.

Hope this helps,

Stuart

View solution in original post

(3) Replies
shunt
Revenera Moderator

Images for medium sized tiles can be configured in Installshields "Tile Configuration" settings.

You can read more about these settings in the link below:
https://docs.revenera.com/installshield/helplibrary/IHelpTileConfigProperties.htm?Highlight=medium%20tile%20image

I have a number of different applications from different companies in my start menu that also use an image that fully covers the tile - it is design choice by the developers of the software.

Hope this helps,

Stuart

I'm not talking about the tiles created by the project. I'm talking about the tile of Installshield itself.

At least in my own Start menu it's definitely only one with different size, and it's somewhat ugly.

1.png

0 Kudos
shunt
Revenera Moderator

We use Installshield to create the installer for Installshield.
An Installshield project created the tile on the start menu for Installshield itself, using the "Tile Configuration" settings.

Whilst you may not have other applications on your machine which have a full image for the tile, please be assured that this is not an unusual approach and many other companies display their tile in this way also.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos