cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kparveen
Level 3

Not able to deploy updated package - VS 2015 - InstallShield Limited Edition

Hello InstallShield Gurus - I am working in Visual Studio 2015. I installed InstallShield Limited Edition to create package for the application I developed. My deployment team told me they are using PDQ to distribute this package and PDQ don't install MSI silently so please provide them EXE instead. I gave them setup.exe. They distributed all went well. Then I had to update the application to accommodate few new requirements. I updated the application and Created Setup.exe again. Why deployment team tried to install they were getting error "Another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use Add/Remove Programs on the Control Panel
" So, I read tons of google results and ran tons of commands but nothing worked. All I need to reinstall the package. I saw all the Product Code, Upgrade Code. I couldn't find anywhere Package Code setting in InstallShield in VS 2015. I did changed the Assembly version etc..  I ran several command with all the different combinations of switches to remove old package silently nothing worked. Could anybody please please guide me through this issue which I am trying to solve in past 3 days? 

I will be really grateful.

Thank you and appreciate your guidance.

0 Kudos
(0) Replies