cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mokola
Level 2

No custom actions work after upgrade to IS 2022 (Warning -9018)

Jump to solution

Hi all. We recently upgraded our MSI installer from IS 2020 to 2022. We got all the errors taken care of, but all our custom actions are being ignored. I tried recreating one of them from scratch, but it didn't change anything. Here's the relevant log snippet with names changed as needed. I also added additional warnings before and after in case they are related.

ISDEV : warning -9019: There exist one or more conditionalized components which may not be converted correctly
        Conditionalized Component: gdiPlus_Customer_Redist_____X86.3643236F_FC70_11D3_A536_0090278A1BB8
ISDEV : warning -9018: Custom action 'ISRunSetupTypeAddLocalEvent' will be ignored
ISDEV : warning -9018: Custom action 'KillProcessAction' will be ignored
ISDEV : warning -9018: Custom action 'VBSAction1' will be ignored
ISDEV : warning -9018: Custom action 'ManagedCodeAction1' will be ignored
ISDEV : warning -9018: Custom action 'VBSAction2' will be ignored
ISDEV : warning -9018: Custom action 'ManagedCodeAction2' will be ignored
ISDEV : warning -9053: 2 launch condition(s) will be ignored.  This message can be suppressed for launch conditions that are not required for a successful conversion by adding them to msi.xml.
ISDEV : warning -9556: Unable to locate the Windows 10 SDK. Some functionality may be unavailable.

The last one is interesting because I have the SDK installed.

Edit: I read this KB article but it's not very clear. I see mentions of both MSIX and MSI in the build output. It appears to be "Examining" the MSI file when the above warnings occur.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Solution
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I understand you are seeing an build error,

As per the build error it looks like you are using build button from MSIX that is the reason you are seeing this error. (Please refer attachments), Please dont use the build button option under MSIX section, which will create this error 9018 and when we use this build button it will create a msix package and msi/setup.exe as well, 

To fix the error now, First go to Release view --> select the release you have added in your ism file and select the MSIX/APPX tab.

select Build Windows App Package settings to NO  and save the ism file, then try to build using build option under build section.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(2) Replies
varul
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

I understand you are seeing an build error,

As per the build error it looks like you are using build button from MSIX that is the reason you are seeing this error. (Please refer attachments), Please dont use the build button option under MSIX section, which will create this error 9018 and when we use this build button it will create a msix package and msi/setup.exe as well, 

To fix the error now, First go to Release view --> select the release you have added in your ism file and select the MSIX/APPX tab.

select Build Windows App Package settings to NO  and save the ism file, then try to build using build option under build section.

0 Kudos

That did it. Thank you!

0 Kudos