cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TylerC
Level 3

No access to PRQ's in IS 2010

I'm setting up IS 2010 on Win 7 and am having trouble accessing the PRQ's (installed with IS or my own). They all say they need to be downloaded although they already exist on the computer. Even my own PRQ's state they need to be 'downloaded'.

Any ideas on how to fix this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
TylerC
Level 3

TylerC wrote:
I'm setting up IS 2010 on Win 7 and am having trouble accessing the PRQ's (installed with IS or my own). They all say they need to be downloaded although they already exist on the computer. Even my own PRQ's state they ned to be 'downloaded'.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Anybody from flexera??? I'm still waiting...
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

The Location column in the Redistributables view indicates whether the redistributable bits that a prerequisite will be installing are downloaded locally or not. Please try selecting one of a prerequisite and downloading the redistributable by selecting the "Download Selected Item" context menu, and then see if the Location column is changed to "Installed Locally".
0 Kudos
TylerC
Level 3

hidenori wrote:
The Location column in the Redistributables view indicates whether the redistributable bits that a prerequisite will be installing are downloaded locally or not. Please try selecting one of a prerequisite and downloading the redistributable by selecting the "Download Selected Item" context menu, and then see if the Location column is changed to "Installed Locally".

Although the PRQ's exist on the computer and are visible the the "Redistributables" view, they ALL indicate they need to be downloaded. This was not the case when I set up IS 12. With IS 12, when I inserted a new PRQ in the directory, IS 12 Location column updated correctly.

As for IS 2010, I have tried downloading and the IS 2010 Location column does not update correctly.

>Even my own PRQ's state they need to be 'downloaded'.
I can't download my own PRQ's, right? The download points to InstallShield.

Does InstallShield\Flexera provide FREE support for install issues? We did not purchase a maintenance plan. We are a long standing customer with InstallShield; owning IS 2.03, IS 12 and now IS 2010.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

It is not reproducible on my side. Can you follow the steps below and let me know if you still see the problem?

[LIST=1]
  • Copy the attached Notepad.prq to the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\SetupPrerequisites folder
  • Create a folder named "Notepad" under the C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2010\SetupPrerequisites folder
  • Copy C:\Windows\Notepad.exe to the folder created in step 2.
  • Launch the InstallShield IDE and go to the Redistributables view.
  • Check if the Notepad.prq is listed with "Installed Locally".
  • 0 Kudos
    TylerC
    Level 3

I have followed your steps and the Notepad PRQ is the only one where the location = "Installed Locally".

What next?
    0 Kudos
    hidenori
    Level 17

It looks like that the redistributable files for your own PRQs do not exist on your development machine, or exist in a incorrect location. Try opening one of your own PRQs in question in the Prerequisite Editor, and check the Files to Include tab to find out where your redistributable files should be located.
    0 Kudos
    TylerC
    Level 3

Thanks, that suggestion allowed enough investigation in the right area to solve the issue.

The PRQ files are in the right location on the new build computer but the PRQs have the previous build computer drive letter in the Files To Include > Path to Local File section. Once the drive letter was changed, the PRQ Location now displays 'Installed Locally'.

🙂
    0 Kudos