cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rguggisberg
Level 13

Next not accepted on LicenseAgreement dialog

We have been humming along just fine and just recently found 3 machines with Server 2008 R2 where 4 our Basic MSI projects install, but 1 will not. You can check Agree to License, but it will not accept the Next button. Of course I don't have that problem if I install via msiexec and pass the parameter AgreeToLicense=YES. Has anyone else seen this?
I am using IS2012 Spring, but that is not the problem because it happens with setups built with older versions too.
I logged an install and see that it stops with no AgreeToLicense info. If I Cancel, then the AgreeToLicense changes appear in the log... but of course, now I have canceled.
Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Is it using EulaScrollWatcher?
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Thanks for the reply Michael.
Don't know anything about EulaScrollWatcher. Where would I look, or how would I tell? Don't find aything by that name on my IS IDE machine or on the target machine.
[EDIT] I tried the things in the "Project" section of http://helpnet.installshield.com/installshield18helplib/EulaScrollWatcher.htm and that did not help.
Thanks
0 Kudos
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

Are there any conditions on the actions or enabling of the next button? (I had hoped looking into the steps for the EulaScrollWatcher would draw your attention to any of these if they're present.) It's not quite clear exactly what behavior you mean by not accepting the next button.
0 Kudos
rguggisberg
Level 13

Of Course! When I look I see there is a condition that is left over from stuff that was in there years ago and no longer serves any useful purpose!
Thanks!
0 Kudos
AmitRout
Level 5

Can you please check what argument it is being passed in the next event function

Its likely the next dialogue be there in the argument.
0 Kudos