cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
balajicherukuri
Level 2

Newbie and Automated Build

Hey All,

I am building my InstallScript MSI Project using the automated build process.
I am adding all the files and folders to a INSTALLDIR. After building the setup when i run the setup.exe no files or folders are installed through the setup.

When i opened the .ism file INSTALLDIR is showing all files and folders. I have used the sample script provided by installshield. One component is created for all the files in the folder that includes dll's also. But, it is showing all components are static components(for folders), and no component for dll's are created. I have to use dynamic link in the setup.Please give me some guidance.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
ramraja_55
Level 3

balajicherukuri wrote:
Hey All,

I am building my InstallScript MSI Project using the automated build process.
I am adding all the files and folders to a INSTALLDIR. After building the setup when i run the setup.exe no files or folders are installed through the setup.

When i opened the .ism file INSTALLDIR is showing all files and folders. I have used the sample script provided by installshield. One component is created for all the files in the folder that includes dll's also. But, it is showing all components are static components(for folders), and no component for dll's are created. I have to use dynamic link in the setup.Please give me some guidance.

Thanks.

Create the components through component wizard and try it out.
0 Kudos
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

When using Dynamic File Linking ( which I try to avoid generally at all cost ) you won't see the components in your ISM because they are emitted into your resulting MSI. Build your MSI ( or extract it from your compressed EXE ) and edit it using InstallShield Direct Edit mode and you'll see the components that InstallShield authored for you at build time.
0 Kudos
balajicherukuri
Level 2

Thank you for your reply.

Now i am using .NET to edit the ISM.Now it is working fine.
ISWiAuto14.ISWiComponent objComponent = objFeatures.ISWiComponents["DefaultComponent"];
objComponent.AddDynamicFileLinking(@"D:\InstallShield 2008 Projects\web");

But i did not find SDK for Building the setup.I am unable to build the setup using "ISWIBUILDLib".

Thanks,
Balaji
0 Kudos