cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Japster24
Level 6

New to skins, help please!

I am adding a skin to our InstallScript MSI dialogs and cannot get it to work. This is using a provided skin (Blue.skin) with IS. I have changed all of our dialog height and width properties to 372 for Height and 518 for Width as I've read in the Acresso KB article. My dialogs are now showing up as unskinned. This is an Installscript MSI setup. What am I doing wrong?

Project deadline very soon, please help!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Japster24
Level 6

Really got a lack of help around here lately....hoping it's a result of a bad economy and not IS help. I've answered my own past several questions and think someone else could have helped me out a lot quicker....

At any rate for anyone wanting to know, I couldn't simply resize the dialogs when adding a skin (change height to 372 and width to 518 didn't work for me). I had to right click on each dialog that I had edited (in the dialog view) and then click 'revert dialog to default'. After that I would right click and click on 'Edit' again and it would be resized and work. For any other custom dialog I had to delete it and recreate it by right clicking on the All Dialogs folder (under Dialogs in the dialogs view) and select New Dialog (or hit the insert button on the keyboard). Then i had to click next and select 'NewSkinnableDialog'.

NOTE: This all has to be done after the Skin is selected in the Dialog view (Dialogs\Skins) and make sure to click the Apply button after selecting the skin you would like.
0 Kudos