cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjanulaitis1234
Level 4

.Net 3.5 Prerequisite not installed on Server 2008 R2

My application requires .Net 3.5. I have checked the 3.5 web download prerequisite. On XP, Vista, Server 2003, and Server 2008 the install works as expected. That is, if .Net 3.5 is not installed, the installer automatically installs .Net 3.5 but on Servrer 2008 R2 if the Application Server role is missing the install just keeps on running untimately failing while attempting to start my applications services (which require .Net). I have written a VBScript which checks for the Application Server Role but that really just seems like a work around. Has anyone been able to get InstallShield to work as it should using a more direct workaround?

One thing to note. If I check .Net 3.5 as a required component, the installer detects that .Net 3.5 is missing. The problem is the install just bails at that point. So if I used this method all my users would be required to manually download and install .Net not just my Server 2008 R2 customers.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
mark_s
Level 3

Any help on this? I'm facing the same problem.
0 Kudos
bigoldsofty
Level 4

I have had an install project on built with IS 2010. It installs our software, SQL express 2005 and .NET Framework 3.5SP1 and works fine on XP and other 32bit systems.
All I have done is convert it to IS 2011 and now the .NET framework install fails even on XP.
What the heck is wrong with the files under IS2011? Not a single upgraded install works anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have raised incidents about it and nothing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos