cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enanrum
Level 9

NT Services not being uninsalled.

1st off - this is my first Basic MSI project....annnnnd I don't like it! I spent a few years with the MultiPlatform installer which is very simple compared to MSI!

I have one service.exe that can be used for 3 different services that would be installed to the same directory. So I have 3 separate features with components with this same file - not associated obviously because the NT Service names and parameters are different! Each component also has registry entries being added to the Paramters folder of the service

When uninstalling my NT Services are not being uninstalled and the exe used for the services are remaining on the system. Yes - I have the Control NT Services set correctly correctly to uninstall Stop and Delete to yes.

I was thinking of just launching an 'sc delete ServiceName' on uninstall - but how can I do that! With IS MultiPlatform they had a Launch Command Custom Action but I do not see that here! I see a launch EXE but does that mean I have to install say some bat files and then launch them on uninstall!

I appreciate any help with this!

Thanks,
Tom
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
enanrum
Level 9

I had a condition on the components that were not being resolved when uninstalled through ARPs because it goes right to the Execute sequence. I needed to disable the Remove button for ARPs.
0 Kudos