cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shuttledude
Level 7

How to change Basic MSI Custom Dialog sequence

In the Dialogs view, I right-clicked on All Dialogs and launched the Dialog Wizard. In the next dialog, I selected Interior Wizard Panel. Then I selected "Insert the new dialog after InstallWelcome".

This worked fine, and the new dialog immediately follows InstallWelcome.

But, if I want to move the dialog to a different location (say, after the LicenseAgreement), how may I do that? I can't select Move Up or Move Down in the Custom Actions and Sequences view. And there's nothing in the Dialog table in the Direct Editor that seems to control this.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Sorry for the newbie question; I'm new to basic msi's, always used InstallScript msi projects before. There doesn't seem to be much in the help files for this; can someone point me to an exact path in the help editor? I've looked at the msi tutorial already but it didn't help with these issues.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Gvarma
Level 7

Shuttledude wrote:
In the Dialogs view, I right-clicked on All Dialogs and launched the Dialog Wizard. In the next dialog, I selected Interior Wizard Panel. Then I selected "Insert the new dialog after InstallWelcome".

This worked fine, and the new dialog immediately follows InstallWelcome.

But, if I want to move the dialog to a different location (say, after the LicenseAgreement), how may I do that? I can't select Move Up or Move Down in the Custom Actions and Sequences view. And there's nothing in the Dialog table in the Direct Editor that seems to control this.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Sorry for the newbie question; I'm new to basic msi's, always used InstallScript msi projects before. There doesn't seem to be much in the help files for this; can someone point me to an exact path in the help editor? I've looked at the msi tutorial already but it didn't help with these issues.

What is your project type?
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

Basic MSI.
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

I am afraid that you have to go to "Behavior" of the dialogs involved in Dialogs view, and manipulate control events of the buttons (Next and Back).
0 Kudos
Shuttledude
Level 7

Thank you! 🙂
0 Kudos