cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james_shannon
Level 2

.NET COM Interop not working in IS 2008?

We have an IS 12 Basic MSI project that we've converted to IS 2008 to improve Vista deployment and the first thing we've noticed is that our .NET dlls are no longer being registered for COM Interop.

We haven't touched the properties of the components (.NET Scan at Build = Properties Only, .NET Com Interop = Yes) and have also noticed that a reg file is no longer created alongside the source dll (which it used to be in IS 12) and nothing is mentioned in the build log about extracting the reg data via regasm - errors or otherwise. I've also confirmed that the .NET 2.0 regasm.exe is in the usual place and that the IS 2008 options has the correct location configured for the Framework directory.

The only other change is that the dlls are now .NET 2.0 rather than 1.1, but the dlls register fine using regasm on the target system - just not when deployed using IS 2008.

Has this process changed or been broken in IS 2008?!

Many thanks,

James
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
mjlarezzo
Level 5

To get regasm to work on my .dlls I have had to set the COM extract at Build property to YES and set the .NET COM interop property to YES. See if that works for you.
0 Kudos