cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joewithz
Level 3

.NET 3.5 SP1 title not showing

For my installation, we need to include .net 3.5 sp1. Since InstallShield didn't release that until 9/10. I created my own and used it to run the dotnetfx35.exe bootstrapper from MS. That wokred fine until when InstallShield released the official 3.5 SP1 prerequisite file for both the full and web download.

I removed my old prq file and installed the new one from InstallShield. When I run the installer, the prerequisite dialog will show up without any entries. In my old version, it will show the name of the prerequisite in the list so user can see what they are installing. However with the new release, it didn't show anything in the pane. But if you click on Install button, it will actually install the .net 3.5 sp1 in silent mode which is much better user experience.

I wonder if this is a bug in the application or are there some settings that I need to change.

Thanks,

JOe
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
schmoli
Level 6

I don't know why they do this with their prerequisites, but I've seen them do it before:
Right click the prerequisite, choose "Edit Prerequisite", click on the "Behavior" tab, and uncheck "The prerequisite should be hidden from the installation list"
0 Kudos
joewithz
Level 3

Thanks, that did the trick.

Joe
0 Kudos