cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

.NET 3.5 SP1 Prereq is timing out

Hello all,

So I have the .NET 3.5 SP1 set as a prerequisite for my test basic MSI install that I'm playing around with.

I launch the install (on win XP), the framework says it needs to be installed, so I install it. However, by the time it's done installing it just returns me to my desktop. My initial 'welcome' dialog never displays. I have to re-run my test install in order to actually carry on.

Is the install timing out because the Framework is taking too long to install? I've had other prereqs that don't seem to do this. Or is there a setting or switch that perhaps is killing my actual install? I'm confused.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Gvarma
Level 7

ColoradoCJG wrote:
Hello all,

So I have the .NET 3.5 SP1 set as a prerequisite for my test basic MSI install that I'm playing around with.

I launch the install (on win XP), the framework says it needs to be installed, so I install it. However, by the time it's done installing it just returns me to my desktop. My initial 'welcome' dialog never displays. I have to re-run my test install in order to actually carry on.

Is the install timing out because the Framework is taking too long to install? I've had other prereqs that don't seem to do this. Or is there a setting or switch that perhaps is killing my actual install? I'm confused.

I am facing the same problem, though I have configured my installer to restart installation after pre-reqs are installed, but only in case of .net 3.5 the control is not being returned back to caller (main installer).

perhaps its a feature 🙂

Please let me know if you find a solution.

:-))
0 Kudos
Qingsong
Level 5

I have the same issue. I am working on it but has not found a solution yet.
:mad:
0 Kudos