cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarlow
Level 7

.NET 2.0 Redistributable problem with Install Script Project in IS 2008

We use the Install Script Project and upgraded to IS 2008 precisely because we wanted to be able to deploy the .NET 2.0 redistributable with our software. The documentation for the .NET 2.0 Framework object says that the "OnInstallFile event for the redistributable...checks whether the target version of the .NET framework, appropriate service pack, or appropriate language pack is already installed on the system. If it is, it sets the appropriate xxxxAlreadyInstalled property and does not launch the redistributable file." However, after attaching the appropriate framework object, we found that InstallShield always installs the .NET framework regardless of whether the host machine already has it. It takes several minutes to install the .NET framework so if the host machine doesn't need it, we'd prefer to skip it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something we're missing here?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
cbarlow
Level 7

Since I last posted this, I discovered that I don't have this problem when creating an IS 2008 project from scratch, only when using IS projects that I've migrated from earlier IS versions. With the migrated projects I've had to manually add code to check whether or not .NET 2.0 was installed or not.

Maybe this will help someone.
0 Kudos