cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amarjeet
Level 7

Mutually exclusive features

I have got two features "FeatureA" and "FeatureB" to be installed.

If featureA is selected for install FeatureB should be deselected for installation. And same for FeatureB. So feature selection is mutually exclusive.

I would like to do this after SetupType dialog box. I can do it by saying "Remove" event but it still shows the feature de selected with red X mark.

i want to hide the feature as well. The only way is to set feature install level to zero. But i am unable to find any event which can set the install level for a feature to zero.

Any idea how i can set install level for a feature through events / script...any means programmatically.

Thanks in advance.

Amarjeet
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
weakness
Level 6

It may be different information you want....

Do you know this tips?

Tip: Creating Custom Dialog Enabling
Mutually Exclusive Features
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/webdocuments/PDF/features.pdf
0 Kudos
fredmad
Level 2

I'm a newbie and can't get this quite well: "In a situation that only one (1) feature can be selected and installed from a set of given features, the SelectionTree control used in Developer standard dialog is constrained by technology." from the instruction provided
0 Kudos
TsungH
Level 12

The article was written during Windows 2000/XP era when the product was named Developer, see caption of the IDE. The standard/built-in dialog uses SelectionTree control, which does not allow mutually exclusive selection of features.
0 Kudos