cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alfetta159
Level 4

Multiple Instances

A couple of questions about multiple instances:

Right now I have two product configurations in the same ISM project file. One has a multiple instance added to it, and the other doesn't. It seems to make no difference however. When I install the configuration that has no multiple instances added, and then try to install that same configuration again, it gives me the multiple instance dialog asking me whether I want a new installation or a repair of the first. What is the significance of creating a multiple instance on one product configuration and not the other? I was hoping to be able to create one product configuration that won't allow multiple instances and another configuration that could. After all, why would the instance tab be specific to the product configuration?

Regarding the instances themselves:

It's very apparent how to change a property for the multiple instance configuration, but how would I change the default installation directory? I could create my own property, but I'm not really sure how to get the project to see that as the default installation directory (i.e. INSTALLDIR). Or another example is if I create an uninstallation icon. It's stuck with that first product code.

Thanks in advance...
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Christopher_Pai
Level 16

For the first part, I'll have to mock up a project and see.

For the second part, maybe this will help

http://community.installshield.com/showpost.php?p=419676&postcount=2
0 Kudos
Alfetta159
Level 4

Nope, doesn't help.

I don't see the relation where transforming a property will run an InstallScript.

(And I'm not up on InstallScripting, so I'm sure that doesn't help me either.)
0 Kudos