cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobVilla
Level 6

Multiple Basic projects into one

I have multiple basic projects, that each really is a feature for my overall product. Each has custom dialogs and preqs. I want to merge these projects into one, to allow my customers to have a single point of entry. Can anyone suggest a preferred method to accomplish this? To me this looks like I will have to rebuild the entire thing like I do not already have the individual projects dialogs and preqs. I really thought the suite project would meet my needs but it is severely lacking in customization. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
BobVilla
Level 6

Ok, let me ask this then... can I take a "Basic MSI" project build it as a "Single Executable", create a new "Suite" project add a new feature/package that points to the newly created "Single Executable" ... just using the "Suite" project as a container that runs each "Single Executable" but retaining the setting and dialogs from the "Single Executable"?
0 Kudos
BobVilla
Level 6

Ok, lets fall back one more step. Is the suite project designed to take multiple (msi,msp,or exe) files created by InstallShield to create one single installation package? If so, what is the best way to create a (msi, msp, or exe) in IS to work well with a suite project? What I mean by "work well", is retain all of the preqs, dialogs and settings from the individual projects and if the feature is selected walk through each installation like they had been indivially executed by the user from the orginal file (msi,msp, or exe).
0 Kudos
CHANDINATHREDDY
Level 7

yes if you want to create an suite that has multiple features and each pointing to call one exe yes but dont try this because it has many fall backs like you cant set the sequences properly.or else you can create an basic msi this too can do that..
0 Kudos