cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranecs
Level 2

Multi Language nested installation

Hi All

I have parent multi language installer with .msi and %langID%.mst files. It need to call my child multi language installer also with .msi and %langID%.mst files. But when I want to do nested MSI installation(child) it looks for %langID%.mst at the root of parent. That means I can use only one set of .mst files. Right now I am in situation where I can not use multi language installs with nested MSI Custom Action. Is there any other way to achieve nested installations for multi language installers(both child and parent)? Please suggest. Your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
rane
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
ranecs
Level 2

I am posting this solution so that others can take advantage of my findings..

I have actually solved this back in 2006 by rewriting the parent installer in Installscipt installer. I zipped child installer and added to supportdir of parent installer and launched child thru script.. But I again got into same situation now where I had to write basic msi project to install script installer.. so this time I did more research and testing.. I solved rather easily this time..

1) Created nested msi custom action as we usually do

2) Edit the source property for your custom action in custom action table,
Ex: Child.msi to Nested\Child.msi.

compile and it works fine. You can keep your entire multi language install under 'Nested' folder.
0 Kudos