cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pulsonix
Level 2

Moving IS Pro 2013 to another computer

We have a copy of IS Pro 2013 installed on a computer that is getting a bit old and hard to maintain.

Last time this happened we were able to 'relinquish' our license on the old computer and request another license for the new one.

Is this something that is still supported? If so, please can you direct me to the instructions for doing this?

Clearly we need to be 100% sure that the license transfer is possible otherwise we may end up with no working copy of InstallShield at all!

TIA,

David.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
smadani
Revenera
Revenera

Hi,

Please be noted that you can continue to use the InstallShield even after 2022/7/1 until it requires activation procedure.

Since activation is not possible both Online and offline after the above mentioned date( As legacy ISAS servers are going to be decommissioned), you will not be able to reactivate and it eventually results in discarding legacy version of InstallShield. so, Its advised to purchase the latest version of the InstallShield for the uninterrupted use.

As for now  you can PM me the Serial Number so that we could assist you further.

Thanks,
Syed

0 Kudos
Candy2022
Level 2

Hi support team,

I'm using InstallShield Pro 2013 & want to move the license to another computer. The Serial-Number is: 385B8QH-D0B-F21A18B2EN.

It's not possible to return & request (new) license because the address is pointing to an entry in the Windows Registry key "LiveURLLoc="http://installshield.com/..." which is no more available.

Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Please be noted that IS 2013 falls under one of the legacy versions and also activation transactions are far from to be done now, as the legacy activation servers have been decommissioned.

Please upgrade it to latest i.e IS 2023 for now, to avail the seamless support.

Thank you for understanding and cooperating with this.

We are happy to see you with us once again!

Thanks,
Syed

0 Kudos