cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanqis
Level 6

More on 36-bit 64-bit installation

N.B. I am creating an InstallScript MSI project in the Professional version of InstallShield.

I have a project that contains both 32-bit and 64-bit installation of my product.
They are in separate configurations.
They seem to work perfectly well as they are.

However, I wish to be able to enforce the use of the relevant 32-bit or 64-bit installation on the corresponding 32-bit or 64-bit OS.

I use 'Release Flags' to filter the Features and components.

Q. Is it possible to determine those flags during execution of the InstallScript ?

Q. Are any of the attributes (that may be set) in the project panes available to the running InstallScript i.e. may be used to signal which of the scripts is running ?

Q. Does anyone have a better mechanism to discover which install (32-bit, 64-bit) is running for this dual configuration project.

N.B. I do name the output files differently i.e. not both 'setup.exe'.

Q. Would I be able to test the setup files name during the install ?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
jonathanqis
Level 6

I have found one possible solution:

You can configure 'Processor Defines' under a specific configuration.
I have then tested for these with #ifdef in the OnBegin handler, and abort the installation with a message to the user.

However, this does mean the "Preparing to install" dialog appears before the message and the "Wizard completed dialog appears afterwards".

If anyone knows how to prevent the display of these two dialogs in this situation (aborting when using the wrong setup file on a system) please let me know.

Thanks.
0 Kudos