cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fearme
Level 4

Modify Pre-Requiste Dialog Prompt behaviour?

Hi, I would like to modify the Setup Pre-requisite dialog behaviour but could not find out how.

I have added the SQLSever2005 Express SP1 pre-requisite and have made it 'Optional'. Its optional because they can choose a remote SQL server if they like.

When I run the setup on a machine where it detects that it doesn't have SQLExpress installed you are prompted with a dialog for pending download, in the message text is states:

"THIS IS REQUIRED", but its not its "OPTIONAL". If you click Cancel it abort the setup, if you click INSTALL then it prompts to "OPTIONALLY" install.

This is silly behaviour, the first dialog should give you the choice to optionally install it. Is there a way to get around this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

There's not a great way to change this behavior; at most the wording could be changed, but the Cancel button would still cancel the setup. InstallShield 2009's feature prerequisites offer a more configurable (and thus perhaps better for your scenario) solution.
0 Kudos
Fearme
Level 4

I tried IS2009 but found that the 'Optional' checkbox was ignored when choosing 'Hide From Installation List'.

I noticed it just immediately started to download/install when running setup.

I figured when choosing this combination that it would simply prompt to download/install instead of showing the pending download list.
0 Kudos