cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordmaxx
Level 6

Mobile Installation from Setup.exe is not Auto-syncing

I have a basic MSI project that has a BIN file with a mobile setup on it. When I run the setup.exe it installs the appropriate files to the computer and then instead of installing the CAB file ActiveSync 4.5 pops up and says:

"** Warning: Pending Application install - On the next mobile device connection
the installed application will be downloaded to the device.
"

So I unplug the device and plug it back in and it installs.

Activesync is running and is connected to the device.

This worked correctly when it was a IS2008 project we have recently upgraded to 2009 and this is now happening after that upgrade.

Any thoughts?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
lordmaxx
Level 6

has anyone else experienced this on mobile installations?
0 Kudos
racoon82nz
Level 4

I'm experiencing the same problem here. I have a InstallScript MSI project. Does anyone know the workaround to this??
0 Kudos
racoon82nz
Level 4

I'm still stuck here. I raised a support incident but have heard nothing from Acresso. I've setup an identical Installshield MSI project with IS12 and everything worked fine (application gets installed via ActiveSync).

I'm only having this problem with IS2009. Any advices on this is much apprecieted!
0 Kudos
racoon82nz
Level 4

I'm still experiencing this problem. Doesn't this problem happen to you at all? The incident number was #IOC-000074240 and installshield had confirmed that it is a bug in 2009 product. It is unbelievable that installshield has done nothing about this bug in the last 5 months!
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I have attached the hot fix for #IOC-000074240 to this post. In order to apply the fix, you need to replace the following files with the new versions in the attachment.

C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\Language Independent\i386\CEInstall.dll
C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\System\IsAppServices.dll
C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Support\0409\Settings.xml

Note that this is not an official release as it is not fully tested by our QA team. I would strongly recommend that you will make backup copies of the original files before replacing them. Also it requires InstallShield 2009 SP2.

For existing projects that already have the Windows Mobile support, you need to take additional steps below:

[LIST=1]
  • Go to the Custom Actions and Sequences view.
  • Right-click on the Custom Actions node, and make sure that the Show All Custom Actions menu option is checked.
  • Right-click on the Custom Actions node, and select the New MSI DLL | Stored in Binary table menu option.
  • Rename the new custom action to InstallCEAppsXP.
  • Change the custom action settings as follows:
    DLL Filename: \redist\Language Independent\i386\CEInstall.dll
    Function Name: InstallCEApps
    In-Script Execution: Deferred Execution
    Install Exec Sequence: After InstallCEApps
    Install Exec Condition: Privileged = 1 And REMOVE<>"ALL" And (VersionNT<=502 Or Version9X)

• Select the InstallCEApps action. Change the Install Exec Condition setting to:
    Privileged = 1 And REMOVE<>"ALL" And VersionNT>=600
  • Rebuild your setup.

Regards.
  • 0 Kudos