cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattias_stahlbe
Level 3

Missing files in installation of InstallShield 2011 LE on Windows 7?

I have an InstallShield project (InstallShield 2011 Limited Edition) for Visual Studio 2010. The project is created on a machine running Windows XP (32-bit). It builds an installation package for a C# solution targeted to .NET 4.0 Full profile. However, the same project configuration (*.isproj, *.isl) fails to build installation packages on windows 7. It turns out that the installation of InstallShield itself is different in Windows 7 compared to Windows XP.

When building the installation package on WIndows 7, I get several errors like the following:

ISEXP : error : -1007: Cannot copy source 'C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites\Windows Installer\3.1\x86\WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe' to target ...

On Windows XP, there are 3 subdirectory structures in `C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites`:

|
+- Windows Installer
| +- 3.1
|
+- Microsoft .net
| +- 4.0
|
+- WindowsImagingComponent
| +- x64
| +- x86
|

These directories and there files are missing after installation of InstallShield on Windows 7.

If I add the missing directories and files manually, the Windows 7 machine can build the InstallShield project without problem.

Is this a bug in InstallShield or have I missed some features? I would like to be able to build installation packages both on Windows 7 and Windows XP using the same project setup without having to patch the InstallShield installation itself.
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Keerthana
Level 8

Hi,

I am currently looking into this Issue. I should have further updates at the earliest.
0 Kudos
Keerthana
Level 8

Hello,

I understand that the error 1007 occurs at your end as it cannot find that particular prerequisite in the location specified in the error statement. On building the project on a XP machine the prerequisites listed by you are included in the project from the “Redistributables” view and thereby these files are present in the location C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites.

On building the same project on a Windows 7 machine would not contain these PRQ files in that location unless it is downloaded. To download these files, kindly navigate to “Redistributables” view – Right Click the required prerequisites and download it from InstallShield IDE on Windows 7 machine. On doing this these PRQ files would be placed in the location C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2011LE\SetupPrerequisites.

I hope this information helps!:)
0 Kudos
mattias_stahlbe
Level 3

Thanks a lot. I will try this and see ift cures my problems.
0 Kudos