cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmyaseen
Level 4

Minor Upgrade

Hi,

Currently i am working on Minor upgrade in Installshield. In my case i have some limited number files and folders which need to be updated on the already existing product.

To create a minor upgrade i have to put the list of files in RemoveFiles table which are not part of the minor upgrade installer. But i want to retain these files. The minor upgrade should work as if a Patch on top of some version installed on the Production Server.

How to do this?

Regards
Yaseen D M
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
mmyaseen
Level 4

Why i am not getting any response for Minor upgrade problem?
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

If you haven't yet, you might want to read the InstallShield and Windows Installer documentation on minor upgrades. As I understand them, you only need to supply the new files; you shouldn't do anything to remove files that haven't changed.
0 Kudos
mmyaseen
Level 4

I have already read the help from helpnet and also checked the help from installshield. I did created a minor upgrade with the configurations required for minor upgrade.

The problem i am facing is, the minor upgrade doesn't allow me to execute the Database script, and also the installation shows successfully finished without replacing any files.
0 Kudos
KathyMorey
Level 10

Can't help with the database issue.

As for the files, are they versioned files with a higher version number? Have you tried logging the upgrade to see if that gives you any information?
0 Kudos
mmyaseen
Level 4

Only dll's are version not the files as files cannot have verstion numbers. Only difference in the files is Modified date.

But main concern is Database. Why this minor upgrade execute the script? Where as if i a major upgrade it executes the scripts as well.
0 Kudos