cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrohit
Level 4

Migration from Installshield 12 to Installshield 2008

Hi,
I need to migrate an Installshield 12 project to Installshield 2008. Before doing that i wanted to know if anybody has tried this kind of migration.

Also wanted to know if there is any document that can guide us in doing the "Migration" from IS 12 to IS 2008.

Suggestions/ Advices are welcome.

Thanks & Regards
Rohit
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
DebbieL
Level 17

Yes, many people have upgraded InstallShield 12 projects to InstallShield 2008. Please see the Read Me First thread, the first one in this InstallShield 2008 Community forum. It has a hyperlink to a KB article that provides information on upgrading InstallShield 12 and earlier projects to InstallShield 2008. It also alerts you to possible changes in behavior that you may notice between new InstallShield 2008 projects and upgraded projects.

Debbie Landers
Macrovision Corporation
0 Kudos
LouisLouis2001
Level 2

Hi Rohit,

I am in a situation similar to the one you were in january: I am considering migrating my projets from IS12 to IS2008. Did you do the migration? If so, you did everything went well?

I read the document that Debbie Landers refers to in the reply but I was wondering if it went as well as expected for you...

Thanks for any info,
Louis
0 Kudos