cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
InfrISUser
Level 3

Migrating from InstallShield MultiPlatform Release 5 to InstallShield MultiPlatform R

Installer for our application was built using InstallShield MultiPlatform Release 5 Service Pack 3. Now to support solaris 10 we need to move to InstallShield MultiPlatform Release 11.5.

The installer needs to check whether application is already installed before proceeding. We had used AlreadyInstalledCondition to check the same in Mutlplatform 5.

Now when I test it, If the application is installed using Multiplatform 5, the Multiplatform 11.5 is not able to detect the already installed application.

I have read http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q105543. But my problem is not being solved.

I find that vpd registry in Mutiplatform 5 and Multiplatform 11.5 are completely different. And the locations are also different in Windows. So, I think Multiplatform 11.5 is not able to detect application installed using Mutiplatform 5

Is there are solution or workaround for this problem ?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Yes, the format of the VPD registry changed in MultiPlatform 10.5, I believe. Please see the documentation for the Legacy Install Location action and Legacy Uninstall action, and also perhaps the Javadoc API documentation for the LegacyRegistryService service.
0 Kudos
InfrISUser
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.
LegacyRegistry works for windows but for solaris if I login as root I get this exception:

java.lang.ClassCastException
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.legacysolaris.LegacySolarisRegistryServiceImpl.setSolarisPackageName(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.legacysolaris.LegacySolarisRegistryServiceImpl.loadSoftwareObject(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.legacysolaris.LegacySolarisRegistryServiceImpl.readVPD(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.platform.legacysolaris.LegacySolarisRegistryServiceImpl.initializeRegistry(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.product.service.legacyregistry.LegacyPureJavaRegistryServiceImpl.initialized(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.AbstractServiceImplementor.initialize(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.ServiceFactory.createImpl(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.ServiceFactory.createService(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.ServiceFactory.createService(Unknown Source)
at com.installshield.wizard.service.LocalWizardServices.loadService(Unknown Source)

Has anyone seen this problem ?

Is a fix/workaround/solution available for this ?

Regards
0 Kudos