cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Dand
Level 4

Microsoft Visual Studio C Runtime merge module

All,

The current Microsoft Visual Studio C Runtime merge module (MSVCRT.MSM) on my InstallShield 2008 system included msvcrt.dll version 6.0.8397. However my deliverables are now being built with Visual Studio 2008 and due to this I have found they have a dependency on msvcrt.dll version 7.0.3790. Does any know if there is a newer MSVCRT.MSM merge module containing the newer version of msvcrt.dll? I would like to stick to using a Microsoft merge module to install the MS Visual C runtime; however I will add a component to install the version 7.0.3790 file into the system32 folder if I cannot find a newer merge module.

Thanks
Simon
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
HennoKeers
Level 7

Simon Dand wrote:
All,

The current Microsoft Visual Studio C Runtime merge module (MSVCRT.MSM) on my InstallShield 2008 system included msvcrt.dll version 6.0.8397. However my deliverables are now being built with Visual Studio 2008 and due to this I have found they have a dependency on msvcrt.dll version 7.0.3790. Does any know if there is a newer MSVCRT.MSM merge module containing the newer version of msvcrt.dll? I would like to stick to using a Microsoft merge module to install the MS Visual C runtime; however I will add a component to install the version 7.0.3790 file into the system32 folder if I cannot find a newer merge module.

Thanks
Simon

Why not make the msm yourself?
It's easy....

reg, Henno.
0 Kudos