is2020user242
Flexera beginner

Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ISWiAutomation26.ISWiProject'

I have a VBScript using the Automation Interface of InstallShield Standalone build, "Set m_ISWiProject = CreateObject("ISWiAutomation26.ISWiProject")".

I ran it on a 64-bit system from C:\Windows\SysWow64, still received the following error, Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ISWiAutoAutomation26.ISWiProject'.

I verified that the Automation Interface feature of the Standalone build is installed.

Any thoughts? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
varul
Revenera
Revenera

Re: Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ISWiAutomation26.ISWiProject'

Hi,

Refer below KB article for sample Vbs project and screenshot that shows how to execute from 64bit machine using cmdlet

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Set-All-Component-64bit-option-to-YES-...

Hope it helps

Kind Regards,

Vijay.A 

0 Kudos
is2020user242
Flexera beginner

Re: Microsoft VBScript runtime error: ActiveX component can't create object: 'ISWiAutomation26.ISWiProject'

Thanks for your reply. I found out that the script should use 'ISWiAuto26' instead of 'ISWiAutomation26'.

0 Kudos