cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deamar
Level 2

Meta installer for installing separate installers

Hi All,
I have a product which makes use of three separate exe files for installation.I need to know what would be the best way to integrate the product such that I can trigger the exes in a chain process.All the three exe are created out of basic ism files (no scripts are being used anywhere).I want to create a meta-installer which will in help me to build the three separate ism files into a single unit.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
alegerlotz
Level 7

Are they separate because of how you build them or because they can also stand alone?

If they're always going to be run together, why not make them merge modules with a common front end project?

Unless you're going to do silent deployment, you could always write a really simply InstallScript front end that fires through them one after the other as well.

deamar wrote:
Hi All,
I have a product which makes use of three separate exe files for installation.I need to know what would be the best way to integrate the product such that I can trigger the exes in a chain process.All the three exe are created out of basic ism files (no scripts are being used anywhere).I want to create a meta-installer which will in help me to build the three separate ism files into a single unit.
0 Kudos
deamar
Level 2

They actually stand alone but now I need to fire them together but my problem is I need to take care of silent install also.Any suggestions?
0 Kudos