cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

Merge module not installing during upgrade

We have a current product out in the field version 4.30.
We are working on our new version 4.40 which now has a new set of merge modules for Crystal Reports version 11.5.
The version 4.30 did not have any merge modules in it. If I run the version 4.40 install as a new instance it will install the crystal reports merge modules. But if I run it as an upgrade over a previous 4.30 install the merge modules do not install. I have tried to create a new feature for just the merge modules and selecting that feature in the code to force the install but that did not work as they still did not install.
How can I force the merge modules to launch and install?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
KathyMorey
Level 10

Once a merge module is merged in, it is just another set of components to the MSI.

Are you running your upgrade as a minor upgrade? If so, you are essentially doing a reinstall, and MigrateFeatureStates by default will only reinstall the components that are already there. You may have to experiment with setting ADDLOCAL to force the reinstall to install additional components. (Or you might be able to mark the new feature as "required" by a feature that you know is installed. I haven't done that, but I believe I've read about others doing it.)
0 Kudos
Brandon_Lowe
Level 6

I forgot to say we are using installscript and not MSI windows installer. I will try the required option and see if that does the trick.
0 Kudos
dominouk
Level 3

Hi, can you post if this solution helped at all, I have the same problem, or if there is another solution to this problem:

http://community.acresso.com/showthread.php?p=443280#post443280
0 Kudos