cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ISNoob
Level 6

Merge Modules path

Hi all,

I am working on two projects which I have automated to build every night using AutoBuild.

Currently I can build only One project at a time because the patch for the mergemodule is static (Your Basic MSI Project -->Tools--> Options --> Merge Modules --> Merge Module Locations). Soi every time I want to build a project I need to change this path of the merge module location.

Is there a way where I can do this via a cmd line? Or is there a way I can specify two paths and if so how do I pick (when building) the patch relevant to the project?

OR is there NO way I can achieve this? The ONLY way is to have the projects on separate machines.

Any help on this appreciated.
Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DebbieL
Level 17

If you're using the Standalone Build for your nightly builds, you can use the -o parameter to change the path of the merge module locations from the command line. You can reset the path from the command line for each build.

In InstallShield 2009, support for this -o parameter was added to ISCmdBld.exe. So, if you are building releases nighly on a machine that has the full InstallShield 2009 installed, and you are using ISCmdBld.exe, you can use the -o parameter to specify the merge module paths.
0 Kudos