cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
croakesoftware
Level 3

Merge Modules and updates

Hello,

I am looking at using Installshield LE for Visual Studio, but have two questions.

Am I able to use Merge Modules with Installshield LE for Visual Studio?

When I come up with an update to my application, I would like to offer it to my customers. I would like for them to be able to install it without having to uninstall the previous version. Is this possible with Installshield LE for Visual Studio?

Thank you
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Yes, Merge Modules can be used with InstallShield Limited Edition for Visual Studio.

You can use Major Upgrades to update your application. If you want both versions of your product to be installable on the same system, you can simply change the product code and the main installation directory (often INSTALLDIR). Your customers can install current version of your application without having to uninstall the previous ones.

Please let us know if you have any other questions regarding ISLE for Visual Studio.

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos
croakesoftware
Level 3

Hi, Chaitra,

Can I use merge modules that I download from vender's Web sites with ISLE for Visual Studio? If so, where should I put them so they show up?

Thank you
0 Kudos
Chaitra
Level 9

Hi,

Yes Merge Modules (.msm files) can be downloaded and placed in the following path location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield\2013LE\Objects

Thanks,
Chaitra
0 Kudos