cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sgoldstein
Level 6

Merge MSP with MSI to create New MSI

I've seen this topic posted, but I haven't seen any solutions.

I have an installer, Foo.msi. Due to a customer issue, I have to create a patch. Suppose that's called FooPatch.msp. My customer wants to deploy to 100 new users and have asked for a new full installer with the fix in the patch included. Rather than take a complete rebuild of the product into a new msi, I just want to combine Foo.msi and FooPatch.msp to create a new MergedFoo.msi:

Foo.msi + FooPatch.msp = MergedFoo.msi

This will save QA time as well as reduce the chance of error.

Does anyone know how to do this? If this is possible, how could I do this automatically in an automated build process?

Thanks.

Scott
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
Juliet
Level 2

sgoldstein wrote:
I've seen this topic posted, but I haven't seen any solutions.

I have an installer, Foo.msi. Due to a customer issue, I have to create a patch. Suppose that's called FooPatch.msp. My customer wants to deploy to 100 new users and have asked for a new full installer with the fix in the patch included. Rather than take a complete rebuild of the product into a new msi, I just want to combine Foo.msi and FooPatch.msp to create a new MergedFoo.msi:

Foo.msi + FooPatch.msp = MergedFoo.msi

This will save QA time as well as reduce the chance of error.

Does anyone know how to do this? If this is possible, how could I do this automatically in an automated build process?

Thanks.

Scott

Scott................... Did you ever get an answer for this. I am looking to do the same.
0 Kudos