cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cygnusx1
Level 8

Major Upgrade not installing one versioned file

Have a major upgrade that is not replacing one versioned file. The previous version file is 1.0.4374.27100 and the new version is 1.0.5.0. I am assuming that the new file is versioned greater but I feel that assumption is wrong. The log shows: Installed: Local; Request: Absent; Action: Absent
The way around is to have a CA copy the new file before FileCosting and then add the old file after Costing is completed.
Does the file version really matter on Major Upgrades?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
BobVilla
Level 6

What do you have your Major upgrade settings set to? I have 2012 and for me to get to them, it's.. Media - Upgrades - Prepare Setup For Upgrade Scenarios - Upgrade Windows Installer Setup - Major Upgrade Settings or Major Upgrade
0 Kudos
Cygnusx1
Level 8

Not understanding your reply. Upgrade settings are not the issue rather the versioned file.
0 Kudos
BobVilla
Level 6

I had a problem with a major upgrade not upgrading all of my files from version to version, it turned out to be the settings in the upgrade section.

Edit: The major upgrade settings and I made sure my all my files were set to Always Overwrite in the properties.
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

Windows Installer considers a version field of 4374 to be greater (newer) than a version field of 5.

So, to fix this, you may need to increment the thirld field to be a number that is greater than 4374, or change the second field to be greater than 0.
0 Kudos