Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jsheth
Level 3

MSI runs on my machine but not on test machine

The MSI works on my machine creating the following path

C:\MyTestMSI\MytestProject\*.dll

C:\MyTestMSI\register.vbs

My custom action runs the vbs file and registers the files.

If i run my MSI on a test machine it fails to add the files here
C:\MyTestMSI\MytestProject\*.dll

the path is created but no files and it starts to run the custom action.

With INstallShield, my MSI is located here
C:\InstallShield 2010 Projects\TestMSI\Product Configuration 1\Release 1\DiskImages\DISK1\
- *.exe
-*.ini
-*.MSI
-MyTestMSI\MyTestProject\*.dll

ON test machine I get Error 1308
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Lurean
Level 8

on the test machine, are you copying jsut the .MSI file over or all the files in the DISK1 directory?

is this a basic msi or an installscript msi project?

Is the project being built compressed or uncompressed, are there more subdirectories in the DISK1 directory and are they being copied over to the test machine?

Windows installer error 1308 is "Source file not found".
0 Kudos
jsheth
Level 3

Am just copying the MSI and not the contents of Disk1. This is basic MSI
0 Kudos
jsheth
Level 3

Lurean wrote:
on the test machine, are you copying jsut the .MSI file over or all the files in the DISK1 directory?

is this a basic msi or an installscript msi project?

Is the project being built compressed or uncompressed, are there more subdirectories in the DISK1 directory and are they being copied over to the test machine?

Windows installer error 1308 is "Source file not found".

on the test machine, are you copying jsut the .MSI file over or all the files in the DISK1 directory? ---- Only copying the MSI

is this a basic msi or an installscript msi project? - Basic MSI

Is the project being built compressed or uncompressed, are there more subdirectories in the DISK1 directory and are they being copied over to the test machine? - Compressed/Uncompressed??
Under Disk1 I have the following
*.MSI
*.exe
*.ini
MyTestMSI

Under MyTestMSI I have
|-MyTestProject

Under MyTestProject I have 3 sub dirs
|-Folder 1 \*.dll
|-Folder 2 \*.dll
|-Folder 3 \*.dll
0 Kudos
Lurean
Level 8

if you want to copy only a single file over, you will need to build the project as a compressed release. This will compress everything into a single output file. If you want it to be an msi instead of a setup.exe, then you will need to set the "Setup Launcher" option under the "setup.exe" tab of the release to No.

If you do not build it as a compressed build then you will need all of the files that are put into the output "DISK1" directory. Copy the entire contents of the DISK1 directory to the test machine and you will have no problems so long as relative paths are maintained. Meaning that the msi file and all other files/folders from DISK1 are in the same location on the test machine.
0 Kudos