cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
conanpatton
Level 2

MSI installer build issue with error 7354 after upgrading InstallShield

I had Basic MSI installer project in InstallShield 2013. In this project I had multiple languages support. Now I have migrated this installer project to InstallShield 2020. After migrate, this installer project giving below error while building.

------------------------------------------------------------
ISDEV : error -7354: The Chinese (Simplified): 中文(简体) value for string 'ID_STRING32' does not contain a legitimate value for table Directory column DefaultDir
ISDEV : error -7354: The Chinese (Simplified): 中文(简体) value for string 'IDS_SHORTCUT_DISPLAY_NAME22' does not contain a legitimate value for table Shortcut column Name
------------------------------------------------------------

The installer project was building in InstallShield 2013 but after migrate to InstallShield 2020, it's not able to build.

I'm not able to understand why this happening for some of the strings only and not for all strings of that specific language. Is anyone know the root cause of this issue ? And is there any solution for this issue ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
joerg_n
Level 3

Hi  @conanpatton 

It seams that you're using invalid characters in the strings

ID_STRING32 and IDS_SHORTCUT_DISPLAY_NAME22

The strings are used as a file or directory name.

BR

Joerg

0 Kudos
Jenifer
Flexera Alumni

Hi @conanpatton ,

Please check the  below article,naming the string as per expected short/long name format might fix the issue.

https://community.flexera.com/t5/InstallShield-Knowledge-Base/Error-7354-When-Building-MSI/ta-p/4025

This additional validation was introduced as part of IS-2016.

Thanks,

Jenifer

0 Kudos