cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selwynreynolds
Level 7

MDAC 2.8 object

I have created an InstallScript MSI project in order to include SQL Server 2005 Express in the installation. I also need to include MDAC 2.8. I have that in another project (InstallScript project) but can not seem to get it to appear in the list of objects to select inmy InstallScript MSI project. The object is in the ObjectsPro folder under Program Files\InstallShield\2009. I added that path to the Tools--Options--Merge Modules tab Merge Module Locations (for both current user and all users). I closed InstallShield and relaunched it but still do not see MDAC 2.8 in the list to add to my project.

Also I need to include .NET Framework 1.1 for one component. I can do that in an InstallScript project but don't see that in the objects list of my InstallScript MSI project.

Thank you.
:confused:
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
hidenori
Level 17

InstallScript MSI projects do not support InstallScript objects. Instead, you need to use the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 setup prerequiste. To include .NET Framework 1.1 in your InstallScript MSI project, you need to use the .NET/J# tab in the Releases view.
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Thanks! I used the Prerequisite Editor to create a Prerequisite for MDAC2.8 - hopefully that will work. Did add .NET framwork 1.1 in the Releases view.
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
hidenori
Level 17

I think that the built-in Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 setup prerequisite should be included in InstallShield 2009.
0 Kudos
selwynreynolds
Level 7

Yes, I saw that after I created a prereq. Not sure why I didn't see it before.
THANK you!
0 Kudos