cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gridman
Level 8

MD5 Check Failed error

I have IS 2012 Premier and have created a simple Suite installation to install 2 Single Exe releases.

It builds fine, but when I run it I get the following error, "MD5 check failed for the current file to be staged, the file may be corrupt."

Attached is a screenshot of the error.

I know in the 2012 Beta forum, some people received a similar error and solved it by installing Windows Installer 4.5. Well, this is on XP Pro with MSI 4.5 installed. I also get the error on Win 7.

Any ideas?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

I'm not certain from the description what's happening here. The first thing I would try doing is to create a debug log (run setup.exe /debuglog). If nothing jumps out, perhaps post the resulting log here and we can take a look.
0 Kudos
gridman
Level 8

This is no longer an issue for me. I found out I did not have enough things configured in this suite project.

If you are getting this error, look at your configuration. You are either not doing enough configuration of your settings or you have an error with what you have configured. I had both problems.
0 Kudos
choyling_poan
Level 2

Hi Gridman,

Would you please describe more about which configuration went wrong for you?
Which section/configuration need to be configured but you didn't configure it at the beginning?
Which configuration that you configured wrongly at first? What is the right values for you?

I didn't have this error when I first built it. After a few days, then the error appeared. Then, I recreated the same project file with the same configuration, it is fine at that point with no errors. But after a few days, the same errors appeared. I know the evaluation version has limitation on the number of days that the build (setup.exe) can only be installed for 5 days. But I have the full license now.

I would very appreciate your help.
0 Kudos