cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stinger
Level 3

Looping patch issues possibly caused by ISInstallPrerequisites.

I have an issue where my patches get into a recursive loop, continuously relaunching themselves.

I believe this is caused by the ISInstallPrerequisites action attempting to relaunch the patch setup in order to handle "feature prerequisites." At least, this is what the log file has lead me to believe.

The UI appears with a welcome dialog. Click Next and the SetupProgress dialog appears. This is followed by a relaunch of the patch exe and another welcome dialog.

If my analysis is correct, how should I handle this problem? I don't really need to be installing prerequisites in a patch anyways, as the installed feature set never changes.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
MichaelU
Level 12 Flexeran
Level 12 Flexeran

This should be fixed by adjusting the condition of the ISInstallPrerequisites action in the upgraded image. We currently plan to use a condition of:
NOT(EXECUTEMODE~="NONE") AND NOT(PATCH AND Installed)
0 Kudos
Stinger
Level 3

Thank you very much. I added the condition to my project file and the problem was solved. 🙂
0 Kudos
Pallavi_Agrawal
Level 4

MichaelU wrote:
This should be fixed by adjusting the condition of the ISInstallPrerequisites action in the upgraded image. We currently plan to use a condition of:
NOT(EXECUTEMODE~="NONE") AND NOT(PATCH AND Installed)

I have the same condition in the table.

But the problem is suppose any one prerequisite is uninstalled by me and suppose I wants to repair/remove the application by double click on the setup.exe file then first it prompts me the prerequisite installation dialog box.

And after installing the missing prerequisite, it gives me the maintenance dialog.

May i need to change the condition..? I tried by appending the "And NOT(Installed)" condition to the previous one. but not getting success.

Please help me to resolve this problem.
0 Kudos