cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Superfreak3
Level 11

Localization/Language Pack Question(s)...

Hi all,

Currently we are using InstallShield 2010 Professional, but we'll have to upgrade to Premier (2011 or 2012 if its ready, I guess) to get language packs.

My question... When I install the upgrade, what has to be done to the current project files to get them up to speed in the other desired languages or will it automatically do the conversion after I select the desired languages in the template?

I was also wondering about modified or new dialog text. If I modified or created new text controls/strings, will they convert or will there be the need for some manual intervention there?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks much in advance!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
s26f84
Level 3

I have upgraded between ver 12 and 2010. it worked seemless. Just select the additional languages after conversion and it will just work :). you can take my word for it :p.

Superfreak3 wrote:
Hi all,

Currently we are using InstallShield 2010 Professional, but we'll have to upgrade to Premier (2011 or 2012 if its ready, I guess) to get language packs.

My question... When I install the upgrade, what has to be done to the current project files to get them up to speed in the other desired languages or will it automatically do the conversion after I select the desired languages in the template?

I was also wondering about modified or new dialog text. If I modified or created new text controls/strings, will they convert or will there be the need for some manual intervention there?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks much in advance!!!
0 Kudos
DebbieL
Level 17

You will need to translate any custom strings that you have incorporated into your projects. The following help topics have more information on language support:

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos
s26f84
Level 3

good point...

DebbieL wrote:
You will need to translate any custom strings that you have incorporated into your projects. The following help topics have more information on language support:

I hope that helps.
0 Kudos