cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alexandara
Level 3

Language Selection Dialog Box

Hi,

I am developing a setup file with multi-language option. When I start running the setup file, the “Language Selection” dialog box is displayed. In this, Chinese language is always displayed in English instead of the Chinese. I have chosen the the languages English, Chines Simplified and German. I have tested the setup file in Windows XP OS.

If I run the setup file in English OS, the language options are displayed as English, Chinese Simplified and German.
If I run the setup file in German OS, the language options are displayed as Englisch, Deutsch and Chinese Simplified.
If I run the setup file in Chinese OS, the language options English and German are displayed in Chinese, whereas Chinese language option alone is displayed in English.

To be precise, the language option for Chinese alone is displayed in English irrespective of OS language, whereas the other language options for other languages are displayed based on the OS language running.

Could you please let me know how to resolve this?

Best Regards,
Alex.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Not applicable

This is a known issue, resolved in SP2:

From the SP release notes

http://kb.acresso.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=Q200150&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_INFO_1_1&dialogID=29082312&stateId=0%200%2029080230

IOC-000074118 (Basic MSI, InstallScript MSI, Web)
The names of the Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified) languages are now localized when they are listed in the Language Selection dialog and the installation is run on a Chinese system. Previously, the names of these languages were not localized; they were displayed in the project's default language.

The KB article includes a link to SP2.

Devin Ellingson
Software Developer
Acresso Software
0 Kudos
alexandara
Level 3

Thank you very much for your information Devin Ellingson.

It works as we expected 😛
0 Kudos