cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAHorowitz
Level 3

Kick off install after uninstall

I have an install that has two options if it is already installed: Upgrade and uninstall -- I changed SdWelcomeMaint dialog. I have the upgrade run the uninstall but then the user has to start setup.exe again to launch the install part. I would like this to be automated so that it automatically does the equivalent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
TheResearch
Level 6

Can you provide additional information?

1. what kind of upgrade is it?
2. "I have the upgrade run the uninstall" - After the uninstall, should this upgrade start the same appl. or a different one?
3. Are the versions defferent?
0 Kudos
SAHorowitz
Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

It is an upgrade of the same product just newer verison. Not sure if that answers your "what kind of upgrade is it". Once the uninstall (as part of the upgrade) finishes I want to kick off the same setup.exe. And yes it is a newer version of the install/product being installed.

Steve
0 Kudos
TheResearch
Level 6

SAHorowitz wrote:
I have the upgrade run the uninstall but then the user has to start setup.exe again to launch the install part.

Hi Steve,

Hope Major Upgrade would do what you want (uninstalling the previous version and installing the current version).

Y cant you go for Major Upgrade?
0 Kudos
SAHorowitz
Level 3

I am not to familar with the concept but am reading about it. It implies it only works on Windows Installer installs -- mine is an InstallScript Project. Is it still an option?
0 Kudos