cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nerd101
Level 2

Just an Idea For InstallShield

Sorry if this is not posted in the right place.

Hello all. I used the demo version of Installshield and I found it to be absolutely great and everything that it is made out to be. The problem is that I am just a non-profit software hobbyist who could never afford even the express edition of InstallShield. There are lots of people who would want to use it, but simply can't afford it. I noticed that another program (Get Right to Go downloader builder) has quite a large price tag for unlimited rights to produce downloaders, but for the cost of $50, you can obtain a license that permits you to build 3 downloaders that do not have a "please do not distribute" message. Once you have used up your 3 builds, the program reverts back to the same old demo.

I think if InstallShield did something like this, it would make the program more financially accessible to people like me. I'm sorry if I shouldn't be posting this, but it's just a suggestion.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
Reureu
Level 10

I agree with you. InstallShield is far too expensive for what it does.
If I had had the choice, I would have gone for WiX, which is free.
0 Kudos
nerd101
Level 2

I think that the reason for the high price tag is because developers like Microsoft use it, and there are many advanced features that are pointless for 90% of users. By the way, how did you "not have a choice?"
0 Kudos