cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
veekay_a
Level 3

Issue with VC90 CRT MergeModules, installation fails.

I am totally new to installshield and pls excuse if i dont get the terminology rite.

My DLL files need Microsoft x86 VC90 CRT runtime dlls.
In order to get those dll files installed, I've added "Visual c++ 9.0 CRT (X86) WinSXS MSM" and the relative policy merge module in my Installshield 2010 solution.

I am facing a problem when i am trying to install the package i have created.Looks like dlls are not getting registered.

Though installing vcredist.exe mannually works but that is not what i want as a part of my project.

I have seen the similar issue in the forum, but solution was not of much help for me.
Can anyone help me with the detail explaination of what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance.
V
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
Vijay__K
Level 7

Hi,
If I remember correctly, together with this Merge Module there is a similar named 'policy' module... I think you need to include this one in your installation aswell.

If you see the log, it will have more information as to why it is failing.

Vijay.
0 Kudos
veekay_a
Level 3

I have included the policy also. Still it does not work.

I have one more problem. I have installshield 10 and its not listing vc90 30729.4148 version merge module.I installed vs 2008 sp1 and also installed the x86 Redistributable Package for Visual C++ 2008.
0 Kudos
veekay_a
Level 3

Everything seems to be working fine when i installed atl security update.
this lists all the x86 merge modules.

but i dont see the merge module for x64. Dont we have the security update for x64??

How can i list the merge modules for x64 in the install shield??

Thanks,
V
0 Kudos
veekay_a
Level 3

Aren't there any moderator for this forum??
0 Kudos