cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_Madhusudana
Revenera
Revenera

Issue importing non Western European Sting table files.

Currently we have an issue importing non-Western European string table files into the ism file.

We have a main english installer for each product which is localised at build time to create the Localised installer

Our build machines are automated and I managed use the "Import String Table.vbs" to work in importing the string files correctly on my development machine.

Problem is that the run-time and ocx file to allow this import script to run is only installed with the main IDe and not the Standalone builder (which is installed on each build machine)

This would require buying about 8 licences to place on each product build machine simply to facititate the importation of the String files.

Does anyone know:
A. A way of getting this to work without installing the main IDE?

OR

B. Another way to import these string files that can be incorporated in an automated build system?

We don't want to have to have to do the import in advance of the build as that would have to
1. Be checked into Source control
2. Defeat the purpose of a master file (allowing for scope of versions getting out of sync)
3. Create a manual step.

Hopefully someone knows a way around this
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
M_Madhusudana
Revenera
Revenera

I have found a resoplution to this.

The Automation dll in the standalone builder had a different name - change the line in the import script:
Set ISWIProject = CreateObject("IswiAuto14.ISWiProject"): CheckError
to
Set ISWIProject = CreateObject("SAAuto14.ISWiProject"): CheckError

as the corresponding dll is called SAauto14.dll.

A
0 Kudos